FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
1971 baywindow with 2.2 legacy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Completed Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnboy268
Initiate Jedi
Initiate Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: 1971 baywindow with 2.2 legacy Reply with quote

first of all here is my bus

this was the engine ...1600, pretty but leaky and slow

this is the new engine.1990 2.2 legacy. the car came with every mot and had lots of histry and had only done 78 thou. it needes a bit of a clean but thats a winter job

the rad is a citreon zantia turbo diesel with v6 peugeot twin fans mounted underneath. with the scoop on(i call it the cat catcher) it is a bit low but i am working on the mk2 version.

this is the air flow meter which i cut about to get the breather pipes to

i have two carbon end cans(one each side)

[img]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/johnboy26868/DSC00017.jpg?t=1238791155[/img]
[img]http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/johnboy26868/?start=20[/img]

this is the scoop ,basicly it traps the air forcing it up through the rad. latest tests and the fans have not come on although it aint summer yet!!

at the mo i am running on the 1600 gearbox as i could not find nor afford a new one but it is on the wish list. it defo needs another gear . i can do 80 at about half throttle but the revs are way up about 5 thou. revs are about 4 at 65 which is the sort of speed i like to cruise on a journey.
not had to many probs , it was a lot easier than i expected. it was all done on my driveway.
many thanks to richard for supplying me with all the bits and all the info needed.
i have a heater from a fiesta with home made mdf box and it keeps the chill off.
hope you like

my other half thinks im an anorak
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Completed Conversions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: