FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
PLANS FOR A FULL YOU CANT BEND IT RESTO, HELP???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harryvonstacks
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: PLANS FOR A FULL YOU CANT BEND IT RESTO, HELP??? Reply with quote

Hi all.
I realy need some help. its time for a new project. I have just finished my 67 splitty which although we love v. much we have decided to do another but realy doing it top bollo4x.
Were thinking the kind of effort you see on the tv shows like west coast customs and the like.
Things like , full air ride, suberu turbo engine, high end custom interior, huge sound system, door poppers, tvs , electric bed, fibreglass surrounds. you get the point. Problem is i dont know anyone in the uk who has the fore site like the americans. i know this is short sighted and prob.a bit rude but does anyone know of a company who can do this sort of work all in house?
Or do i have to drag the bus all round the country for individual bits to be done? I know this is a huge questin but any pointers would be great
jay-mcghie@hotmail.co.uk
13 window deluxe
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know anyone in the uk vw scene that could (or would want to) do the whole pimp my ride thing to a split. if you watch the us tv shows alot of the vehicles are built from bondo and glass fibre and would last months in the uk before the rust was coming through, Eeeek like anything though im sure if you've got a big enough cheque book some one will ruin a split for you with those mods. big stereos air suspension neons etc are best fitted to "fast and furious" civics Laugh Out Loud

previous tdi swaps: gone but not forgotten
1979 rhd twin slider tintop bay ahu 1.9tdi
1990 T25 1Z 1.9tdi
1993 suzuki samurai with 1Z 1.9tdi
harryvonstacks
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: CHEERS! ..... NOT...... Reply with quote

Thanks for your opinion but its a little rude. I have no intention of ruining a bus as you put it, so your condescending remarks are pointless. I wish to create a top notch bus which is a little different from everything thats around at the moment. I have no interest in fast and furious cars as im in my 30s. I was looking for companies like the one on campervan crisis. who are top of their game instead of cowboys who promise everything and deliver poop.
i was only looking for some help.
Anyone with any valid or useful coments please help.
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company that does the UK pimp my ride with Tom Westwood is near Guildford, their on the trading estate where the Topgear studio is. Haven't a clue of their name not how to find them.

I also knew of a company in Middlesex near Heathrow airport which would happily be able to do everything your after..... Only I can't remember them neither.

Did a search on google for custom car Middlesex and found this, no idea of the workmanship and I ain't vouching for them.

Www.fullyloadedcars.com

But they appear to offer the service your after.

Don't sleep and drive!!!
harryvonstacks
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai, cheers mate. I wasnt after those ppl in particular just the kind of work that they can do. Ie bespoke customisations inside gonnal leave the bus looking clean and "standard" looking on the outside but many thanks for your help.
I think some people think i was trying to make the van look like i had just ram raided halfords and stuck every shite item they have on to it. Im actualy after making it class but different.
Still each to their own opinion.
again many thanks pal.
Shrek
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, have you thought about contacting D.C Customs - Based in the West Midlands?. Wink
Griff71
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.carismaautomotive.co.uk

I believe this is the company in question (pimp my ride). They have been going for years and the guy was originally a vw guy. Don't get caught out by the narrow minded saying they just build chav cars. Fact is very few could even afford the services of these guys and they tend to focus on top end vehicles now. I would suggest you make them your first contact.

Have you tried 'The Paintbox' they have done some wild custom bugs in the past so may take your project on board.

I suggest you go for it and make sure you continue to think outside the box. The VW scene needs more insane customs.

Good luck!
harryvonstacks
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate, l will give it a butchers look today. cheers for the help and When i have finished il send ya a few pics !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Useful Conversion Sites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: